Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fairy Garden Challenge

While the wonderful Diva is taking care of her little ones, her weekly challenge is being handled by special guests.  This week's Zentangle challenge from Carol Bailey Floyd is all about the wee folk, aka leprechauns, menehune, or fairies.  Please visit her blog to read about her and see her own entry for this week.
M and L will be visiting for a few days, and one thing on our list of fun activities is to make a Fairy Garden, so this week's challenge is perfect!   I found some fabulous inspiration for our garden at Mary Lea's Pink and Green Mama.  You will absolutely love Mary Lea's ideas for children's art!  So, following her suggestions, I bought several miniature birdhouses from Michael's, and a bridge and aquarium gravel from the pet store.  The rest of the setting will be up to the girls and their sweet imaginations.  Meanwhile, here is my entry for the Diva's Weekly Challenge #31:
Thanks, Carol and Laura, this was fun!  I'll post a picture of our "real" Fairy Garden when it is done.  Construction begins tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I know they are hiding in there somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a magical airy fairy garden -- and I am so glad you are doing a real fairy garden. If you put a coin in it, and the coin disappears, that means the fairies have come to visit! And if you sprinkle it with glitter, that will activate it, and the fairies will know that it's time to visit! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see I have lots to learn about a fairy garden....beautiful tangle!! My tangle

    ReplyDelete