Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!

What a joyous family party we had today in celebration of our country's birthday.  Glorious summer weather provided time in the pool followed by the perfect patriotic barbecue of hamburgers and hotdogs accompanied by potato salad, baked beans, and red, white, and blue decorated cupcakes for dessert.  Of course, fireworks finished the evening.  Love, love, love the summer!

I didn't get my tripoli Zentangle challenge done to my satisfaction.  I look forward to seeing what others did with this, and I know I will be impressed with the beautiful work presented at the Diva's website.  I shall continue my practice, happily.  Playwright Samuel Beckett said it well:  "Ever tried.  Ever failed.  No matter.  Try again.  Fail again.  Fail better." 

No comments:

Post a Comment