Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Who knows where the time goes?

The lyrics of Judy Collins' song linger in my mind mid-August.  "Who knows where the time goes?"  she asks in her sublime soprano voice.   Summer has melted away into the lazy, hazy dog days of this month.  I've been absent from posting for several weeks, but have been keeping up on news of Zentangle, even from Scarborough Beach in Narragansett, Rhode Island, where my family spent a lovely week of rest, relaxation, and reunion.  I grew up in Rhode Island, and its beaches are some of the finest jewels of summer. 
Alas, the Fairy Garden has come and gone.  It lasted several weeks until rain and a few nosy squirrels rearranged its tiny town.  I gathered up the remains and gave them to L, who will use them to make another garden in her yard.  We know that it was visited by at least two fairies, though, because they left a note.  So, all in all, our July labor of love in the garden was rewarded. 
This week's Zentangle challenge sounds interesting.  I've got to finish unpacking from the family beach week and prepare to start back to work tomorrow in my teaching role, but as soon as these chores are done, I'll give this challenge a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment